Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Just In- Santiago is No. 26 in "Top 29 Cities to Live In"

No, this is not an April Fool's joke. According to askmen.com which is the largest online men's magazine Santiago is number 26 in the "Top 29 Cities for Men to Live In". This is their first publication of this yearly list and evaluated against 8 lifestyle categories- sports and entertainment, culture, fashion, health, power and money, dating and sex, the good life (number of annual sunlight hours, planned urban development, international airport departures, etc.) and in true man style the cost of a pint of beer. It also cites "Financially, Santiago looks like one of the best places to be in 2009."

Also "cities #12-29 are where women should flock towards in the hope of finding the most educated and well-rounded other-half". I guess we gringas are smarter than we thought ;) I know I found a educated and well-rounded other half in Santiago (I love you Seabasstian).

So, this contradicts the general theme I hear from most expats living in Chile- perhaps it's because it's from a man's POV or maybe true to my belief that you can get statistics to say whatever you want? I love Santiago and Chile in general but as I said before I've only visited there so can't really say having not lived there.

1 comment:

  1. No, I would definitely believe that it's a good city for men to live in. A few of my biggest problems with Chile stem directly from being a blond female -- being a target for theft and not being able to go anywhere without getting harassed. If I were a man, those problems would be instantly eliminated.

    Then again, i also believe you get can stats to say whatever the heck you want. :)

    ReplyDelete