Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mystery Mom

Yesterday I went to a Mother's Day Tea party at my son's preschool. E is 5 years old. It was cute. The kids served us tea and a fruit parfait. The teachers asked the kids questions about their moms and wrote the answers down and then read out loud the "Mystery Mom" forms for us to guess which mom it was. Here is the one my son wrote about me:

My mom's favorite color is blue
(I don't really have a favorite color but he asked me once and wanted an answer so this is what I told him so he gets a point for this one.)

My mom's favorite food is hamburgers (Can't say this is my favorite but from his perspective I guess I eat them often as much as he likes McDonald's and Wendy's and isn't with me when I go out for Tapas and Wine.)

My mom's favorite show is Sponge Bob (This is really HIS favorite show but I guess also mom's favorite show to keep him occupied when needed. I have to say that in the world of kid's cartoons Sponge Bob is the coolest in my opinion)

My mom is 15 years old (One mom was 98 and another was 11 so I can't complain about 15 although if I had to pick an age I'd say 21 or at least 16 so I can have the freedom of driving.)

My mom is really good at cooking (It's funny he thinks I'm a good cook since dinner time is always a stressful time as he doesn't want to eat what I cook. He would happily live off of chicken nuggets and carbs if I let him)

My mom is as pretty as a key (When I asked him why a key he said because it's shiny. Some of the other moms were as pretty as a guinea pig and a mouse.)

I love her because she gives me snacks and lets me play X Box with my friend (I think this is probably S's favorite thing about me too. In fact, I think the friend E is referring to is S. )

My favorite thing to do with my mom is to watch a movie "The Grinch" movie (He let the class know he meant specifically the scary Grinch movie which is the one with Jim Carrey and not the cartoon. Hopefully this is not because I remind him of the Grinch not wanting kids to have fun and stealing all of their toys which is the way I feel as a mother sometimes.)

All the answers for the Moms the kids gave were very cute. This is unlike some of the answers the kids had previously given for the Dads some of which had to be censored (like the Dad's favorite thing to do is drink beer). This is one they did not censor "If I could give my Dad anything in the world it would be......a real job." I wonder where that kid heard it from? Perhaps it was Mom?

Happy Mother's Day to all!

And to E- I love you and love being your mother :)

5 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love how you could kind of look at the reasoning behind your son's answers and see how in his mind everything makes sense. Happy Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super adorable. Yes. I know Emily already used the word. But it is the best fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy mother's day!! I hope you had an awesome one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all!

    Carmen- Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable. I want to be pretty as a guinea pig.

    ReplyDelete