Sunday, March 29, 2009

Gringa Sahne-Nuss Obession?


Ok, 3 posts in one day is a little excessive but it's lazy Sunday and thought this would be fun. I was reading the LaChilenguita blog and read a post where she said Shane-Nuss chocolates were her favorite. I was going to comment that I was obsessed with them too and read a comment from Kyle that she loved them. I am wondering if this is yet another commonality between gringas and Chile and I think a poll is in order.

(P.S. The Sahne-Nuss ice cream is to die for too and if anyone knows where to get the can of Sahne-Nuss individual chocolate covered almonds please let me know. S's mom bought them for me one time and I couldn't find them in even in Jumbo last time I was there)


6 comments:

  1. Those little individual ones seem to come and go in a lot of places. I've noticed that they're everywhere during the holiday season, but don't seem to be a year round staple in all supermarkets.

    But yeah, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I think all gringas do love Sahne Nuss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like it, but that's because I don't like almonds. But I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a Chilean living in the US for 6 years now...I have not being able to find my sahne nuss!! I just broke up with my chilean boy friend who religiously sent me the chocalates that I die for...so please, please, tell me how can I get them here in the US!!!

    I live in Iowa but I hope, some one knows a way to get them from here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! have you ever heard of amigofoods.com???
    they have the regular sahne nuss chocolate bar! I'm a chilean living in california and i've got stuff from there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi David (if you are still there). I haven't been blogging and trying to catch up on comments. I haven't seen that one but did find tuchileaqui.com that sells them. I'll have to check it out. I bought a whole box from a distributor store while I was in Chile (not sure what this type of store is called in Chile but they sell boxes of candy to people). The Sahne Nuss in that box was not fresh and didn't taste the same at all. I worry about that buying them from the states. I guess I could try a few :). It's another thing to look forward to while vacationing there. Thanks for the tip- I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Massiel- I hope you found Sahne Nuss :)!

    ReplyDelete