Thursday, June 4, 2009

1 year Anniversary

This weekend on June 7th will be our one year anniversary. S has shown me a love that I've never experienced before and I never want to lose it. I think that the fact we have grown together even more over the past year is a great thing to celebrate.

Last September I went to a friend's wedding and the day after the wedding they announced that the groom's cancer had returned (they kept this a secret from everyone until after the wedding so that at the wedding wouldn't have any elements of sadness to it). I just received an email today that from my friend that her husband
passed away and after they took the life support off she "hugged him, kissed him, and sang to him" during his last hours. I sent her a note back with my condolances but saying that they were lucky to have such a great love story even though their time was cut short. Sadly, some people spend lifetimes together and don't experience love to its fullest. This was a good reminder to me to cherish what S and I have together.

Our first Christmas together (really apart because he was in Santiago) he sent me this. It was the best Christmas present I have ever received. It was the perfect gift especially when we were half a world apart and I will always treasure it. (He gets really embarassed when I share this so not sure how long I'll be able to keep this post up if he finds it and makes me remove it ;) )

Here is the link to my present (S sang and recorded this for me):
http://www.box.net/shared/n7jqb4hnlq

8 comments:

  1. happy anniversary!!! I think I remember that song playing at your wedding, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might have played but not this one sung by S :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle- after reading your comment I realized that I did not specify in the post that S sang this for me-oops :) I have since fixed it but now it explains more why it was special to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! That's a really sweet gift, thanks for sharing it with us...S never needs to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!
    Your husband have a wonderful voice and yes, it's such a lovely gift.

    Shue
    KL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, he can sing! That's such a cute present!! Happy Anniversary, a bit late!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy anniversary! (although a bit late, sorry) and what a sad, sad story about your friend. I am so very sorry!

    ReplyDelete